How to get CEED from Mercurial running

Forum for support and development discussion regarding the python based unified editor tool for CEGUI, known as CEED.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Kulik
CEGUI Team

How to get CEED from Mercurial running

Postby Kulik » Sun May 01, 2011 14:39

EDIT: kornerr started a wiki article about this, all new info should be put there - http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/CEED
The info here should be migrated there in the meantime, volunteers are welcome.

This guide describes the recommended approach for Linux and MacOSX users to get CEED running and also Windows users who would like to contribute to the development.

CEED is written in Python and uses PySide to interface with Qt4, PyOpenGL to interface with OpenGL and PyCEGUI to interface with CEGUI (CEGUI is embedded and running inside the editor).

Getting all dependencies:
1) Python (I tested Python 2.6 and Python 2.7, Python 2.7 is recommended as that's what I work on)
- should be in your distribution's package system
- python.org provides binary installers for Windows

2) PySide (I develop on 1.0.8 or nightly builds but 1.0.5+ should work too)
- is in Ubuntu 11.04/11.10 repository, or head over to pyside.org to get the packages
- pyside.org provides binary installers for Windows and MacOSX

3) PyOpenGL (I develop on 3.0.1)
- pypi provides packages

4) PyCEGUI
- this is the toughest dependency by far :)
- get boost python from boostpro.com or your repository or build boost yourself (I have built it myself on MacOSX, it was far less difficult than I thought)
- to get this to Linux/MacOS you will have to build CEGUI 0.8
- get default branch from mercurial (http://crayzedsgui.hg.sourceforge.net/h ... cegui_mk2/)
- use cmake/cmake-gui to configure, make sure to !enable python module!
- Linux/BSD/MacOSX: make && sudo make install OR use runwrapper.sh script from CEED repo (you don't have to install in this case, this helps in cases where you need to have CEGUI 0.7 in the system)
- Windows: Use the generated project files or whatnot, open them with your visual studio 20XX and press build.

Clone default branch of CEED
- http://crayzedsgui.hg.sourceforge.net/h ... sgui/CEED/
- go to the bin directory
- Linux/BSD/MacOSX: run ./runwrapper.sh (edit it first and make sure the paths are right), it spawns another shell. In that shell run ./ceed-gui for CEED GUI, ./ceed-migrate for asset migration and ./ceed-mic for metaimageset compiling
- Windows/system-wide install: or run ceed-gui directly if you installed globally

The editor window should pop up.

jacmoe
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Re: How to get CEED from Mercurial running

Postby jacmoe » Tue Aug 09, 2011 14:02

On Debian you need to install python-pyside and pyside-tools. :wink:

znikang
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby znikang » Thu Nov 10, 2011 03:37

hello how to build on Window ?

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:05

znikang: I have updated the guide, it should work for current mercurial CEGUI and CEED. If you have problems with the process, post exactly what you don't understand/have problems with. I won't write a special guide aimed just at Windows users.

znikang
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby znikang » Fri Nov 11, 2011 04:34

this my first time to use python -_-
i be opened CEED to open project than throw "CEUIExpatparser.dll module could not found "
any folders need to set the binary ?
my rebuild CEGUI dll can't run for CEED that's all current version now so i dont know how to use that thank you help

sampei
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby sampei » Thu Jun 20, 2013 16:19

znikang wrote:this my first time to use python -_-
i be opened CEED to open project than throw "CEUIExpatparser.dll module could not found "
any folders need to set the binary ?
my rebuild CEGUI dll can't run for CEED that's all current version now so i dont know how to use that thank you help

I am getting "CEUIExpatparser.dll module could not found" too

What did you do to fix the error?

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Sun Jan 12, 2014 21:04

"mixing and matching CEGUI versions and CEED binaries together via the random copy/paste around until it works method doesn't really work"

You need to build CEGUI specifically for CEED, using the python bindings. If you just copied your dlls from a regular CEGUI project you built into the CEED folder and expected it to work then this is the reason of that error message.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Return to “Official Unified CEGUI Editor Tool (CEED)”