7.0 Sample run failed

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

wnpet
Just popping in
Just popping in

7.0 Sample run failed

Postby wnpet » Sat Dec 19, 2009 15:07

i have build cegui 7.0 source code and all samples successful, but failed initialize a new instance because the follow error:
LDR: LdrpWalkImportDescriptor() failed to probe ..\CEGUI\CEGUI-0.7.1\CEGUI-0.7.1\bin\CEGUIBase_d.dll for its manifest, ntstatus 0xc0150002

And i have installed the netframework compents and the vs2005 sp1,but cannot solve this problem, i wish you give some suggestions to me, TKS!

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: 7.0 Sample run failed

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:26

Did you use the correct dependency package? Other than this, I have no ideas a all.

CE.

wnpet
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby wnpet » Mon Dec 21, 2009 13:22

thanks a lot! I got it
Another question is 7.0 support embed image into string ,could you show a simple sample ,i'm sorry because this is a Rookie :wink:

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:21

I'll try and force myself to write a tutorial for this sometime soon - but such things are not easy :mrgreen:

To embed an image, you use the 'image' tag, and set it's value using the same format you do for image properties in layouts and such. So, for example, to embed a TaharezLook MouseArrow image the tag is:

Code: Select all

[image='set:TaharezLook image:MouseArrow']

To embed and image named "MyImage" from the image set named "CustomImageset" you would use:

[image='set:CustomImageset image:MyImage']

and to combine that with some normal text, the final string would look something like:

"This is some text with an embedded image, [image='set:CustomImageset image:MyImage'] using the CEGUI formatting tags."

Note that all the tags currently supplied with the built in parser are of the form:

[<name>='<value>']

and <value> is always contained within single quotes.

HTH

CE.

wnpet
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby wnpet » Wed Dec 23, 2009 08:38

i try it,and find it worked at satictext 、falbutton etc, all these components have the textcompoent in looknfeel,
but it cannot work at editbox、multilineeditbox because these compents have not the textcompoent property,
so the function Renderedtextstring->draw() is Invalid, and the compents which was appended on the renderedstring
of the window should not be rendered, can you tell me why, may be i have a wrong understand of the conception :roll: , TKS!

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:17

Hi,

It has nothing to do with looknfeel or TextComponent or anything else. The fact that the tags do not work in Editbox type widgets is by design because by their nature the text of these controls are editable by the user and allowing the tags to function therein would be a disaster in the making.

CE.

wnpet
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby wnpet » Thu Dec 24, 2009 02:24

then if i want embed a image into the text of a editbox or change it's colour ,what can i do? parse the text of a editbox by myself?

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Dec 24, 2009 08:48

It's very unlikely that simply parsing the text yourself would yield satisfactory results, except in what I imagine would be very rare circumstances.

In order to create a viable solution, the text that is set to the Editbox - the one with the control tags in it - would need to be totally separate to the text that is 'edited' by, and displayed to the user.

If you simply use the same text string for all three situations, things will quickly become unacceptable. For example, a couple of basic scenarios you may have overlooked…

1) What happens when the user enters text for a control string?

2) What happens when - visually - part of the text that forms a control tag is replaced by an image, a colour change or a font change instruction? The internal string still contains the actual text for the control tag, and so caret positioning operations and editing operations will be operating based on indexes within a string that contains the text that forms the control tag; visually something entirely different will be happening.

Obviously these - and any other - issues are not insurmountable. However they would pretty much dictate a complete rewrite of the Editbox classes.

CE.

wnpet
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby wnpet » Fri Dec 25, 2009 01:32

thanks a lot for your patience,Merry Christmas :lol:

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:15

Thanks... Happy new year! :)