No text appearing anywhere (SOLVED!)

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

SamBarham
Just popping in
Just popping in

No text appearing anywhere (SOLVED!)

Postby SamBarham » Thu Oct 19, 2006 21:01

I've written a new renderer to use CEGUI with the Gamebryo renderer. It works fine for buttons and stuff, but any text just plain doesn't get show.

The loadFromMemory() method of the texture class is being called correctly, and is writing data into the texture properly. I have no reason to believe that the renderer is at fault, although I can't prove that of course.

The code I am using is as close to straight out of the tutorials as I can tell. Is there any particular thing(s) that might make text (on buttons and statictexts) not render right? Do I need to set the font after using it, or are there properties I might need to change or anything?
Last edited by SamBarham on Thu Oct 19, 2006 23:38, edited 1 time in total.

SamBarham
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby SamBarham » Thu Oct 19, 2006 21:16

Apologies, it turns out that I was just using buttons, which for some reason don't render their text. I put in a StaticText, and once I got it hooked up to the looknfeel right it rendered its text just fine.

NOw I just need to figure out why my pushbuttons aren't showing their text. Advice still welcome!

SamBarham
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby SamBarham » Thu Oct 19, 2006 23:38

FOund it!

I had Property instead of PropertyDefinition in the looknfeel for the text colours

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”